Saturday, March 6, 2010

I am going to make some miniatures from existing models I bought.

First I am going to contact some plastics manufacturers to see what types of material is good for making blanks from existing pewter and plastic pieces I already own. For example, I love the game Ogre/GEV. I have all the maps, counters and rule books to play the game. I desire to make resin copies of vehicles from the game Steve Jackson made.
My first steps will be:
1. Contact resin companies and see what I really need.
2. Purchase the proper supplies.
3. Construct some practice copies of miniatures I already own.

I have made many examples of pieces from the game OGRE/GEV in clay. I have had problems getting them right since clay is so soft until heated and I have little luck getting them to look right.

No comments: