Sunday, August 21, 2011

My comments on the 'war' in the Middle East



I am not  trying to undermine the efforts of our brave young people over there in the Middle East. With that being said, I observe disturbing trends that are happening as I write this and seem to be predicted thousands of years ago by a man who never saw our version of warfare, even modern warfare. To me all war is the same. 
"All war is based on deception." -Sun Tzu
I believe the American people are being deceived not by the enemy but by the government by whom it is supposed to serve. We are not told why this war is not completed or even the end result of such an action. They use euphemisms instead of the explaining plainly why our military presence is there.


Look, I am for a legal war where our conditions of victory are simple and clear.
"In war, then, let your great object be victory, not lengthy campaigns." 
Sun Tzu
How long has this war been going on, President Obama?
"Thus it may be known that the leader of armies is the arbiter of the people’s fate, the man on whom it depends whether the nation shall be in peace or in peril." 
Sun Tzu
Is Obama making this war to increase his ratings (to get re-elected) or is he truly trying to put an end to this conflict and bring peace to this region? 
What are our nations's victory conditions in Iraq and Afghanistan? 
I really wish to know!


Sun Tzu comments on war that even apply to our modern conditions of warfare:
"On the on hand, the proximity of an army causes prices to go up, and high prices cause the people's substance to be drained away." 
- Sun Tzu
Have not oil prices skyrocketed? 


"Again, if the campaign is protracted, the resources of the State will not be equal to the strain." 
- Sun Tzu
Has the economy gotten better since we entered this mire of war?


Again, Sun Tzu comments of the effects of war on an a country who wages it:
"There is no instance of a country having benefited from prolonged warfare."
Sun Tzu
So, again, I ask our president: 
What are our victory conditions? 
Future generations deserve to not grow up where there is perceptual warfare, especially where few benefit and many suffer.
One thing does bug me. In Africa there are multitudes of wars. Why are we not there putting an end to those wars where oil does not seem to be present? I would really be scared if the only reason we are in Afghanistan is because of oil. I would then be part of a nation who is waging an illegal war for the purposed of material gain. This scared me more than many things I can think of. 

1 comment:

eldersprig said...
This comment has been removed by the author.