Best three ways to weaken family values:
1. Separate the children for large periods of time in a building where they are taught principles contrary to their parents. These teachings are either without the parent's knowledge or with their knowledge but make it against the law for the parents to object with any effective action.
2. Separate the father or mother (or both) from the family by either putting him a war situation or drafting him (or her) into compulsory service that separates him (or her) from their family for an exceedingly long time. An example would be Afghanistan, a war going on for 10 years now.
3. Hide biased agenda into media that children love to watch or listen to.
I am sure there are more - but I cannot think of any more right now. I just had to write this down.
Actually what got me thinking about this subject is actually ironic since this is a war-game driven blog. By watching "Combat Hospital" there seemed to be many things that struck me odd.
1. In "Combat Hospital" everyone seem like they are too perfectly suited for warfare where the temperature is hot enough to fry eggs in mid air.
2. The Canadian flag is EVERYWHERE. I do mean EVERYWHERE. Are they funding half the war effort over there? Last time I heard, if you were in a situation where you feel danger, exclaiming your are Canadian would seemingly help you out. With this show - now that defense is weakened to the point of cliche territory.
3. You don't see the grieving and lonely people Stateside effected by the violent plots in the show. Someone got blown up? Show how it effects the friends and associates around them in the desert sands of Afghanistan, not the people who truly care about them back in the States.
Look, I know the show is a fantasy look on how a field hospital works but does it have to be a political vehicle for "look how well the 'war' is going"?
I am actually against the war in Afghanistan for three reasons (as a matter of virtue I hate all REAL wars, really):
1. It seems like a police action (like Vietnam) and has no clear end objective nor any declaration of war against any single body of group or government.
2. It separates fathers (and mothers now!) from their families for far too long (10 years ... really??).
3. The real reason we are there is obscured.
There are plenty of political injustices in Africa and South America we are not participating in because ... why?
Someone answer me this question?
I ask others because I do not want the cliche coming from my mouth to be "because stability in the middle east equals oil for the United States".
I firmly believe there is a war against the family structure occurring right now and it is up to the people who know what a family is to fight back in every way we can. You now who and what this means if you have a family worth protecting (as I do).
In the game of OGRE/GEV the Paneuropeans are fighting the Combine in a clear war. There are few if any grey lines except in territorial back and forth actions like in World War 1. With air power not an issue, technology level has almost reverted back to World War 2 levels in terms of tactical awareness. I know it's a science fiction story mixed with a board game but at least they have sides and objectives.