Friday, July 6, 2012

Miniatures! Hammers Slammers, 2012 armor & power armor!

Enjoy!
Here are my  Hammer's Slammers   "Blower Tanks" with their iridium turrets. Behind them are the scout cars (unpainted). In the foreground is a squad of 8 modern infantry (two per magnet) on a washer painted over with a paint that looks like grassy ground when sprayed - perfect for simulating ground under a miniature. I left the turret off of one of the "Blower Tanks" to show the magnet setup I used. The turret stays on the base and rotates freely.

Here are the M1A Abram tanks as well as their allies next to them - the very cool Merkava Israeli tank. I have a special place in my heart for the state of Israel. God's chosen people.

A closer look at the Hammer's Slammers Blower Tanks.

Good overview of all of them. Note the magnet setup used on my 1/300 scale MLRS. I believe all these models are to scale. Note how large the 1 ton battle-suits of the 2060 future compared to regular infantry or even to modern tanks.

9 comments:

Ian Argent said...

Surely those are command cars, not combat cars - the combat cars of Hammer's Regiment are open-topped (at least in the military sense - depending on conditions they may sport soft covers.

HarmlessHamster said...

Oh my. I think I ordered 4 more on accident. I could put guns on each side and put stuff on top with a small metal mess on top.

Ian Argent said...

Oh, dear. 8 command cars may be the entirety of the blowers of that type the Regiment owns; they're supposed to be unpopular with the company commanders. See http://baencd.thefifthimperium.com/03-SlammersCD/SlammersCD/The%20Hammers%20Slammers%20Handbook/index.htm

Ian Argent said...

The TO&E at that link claims otherwise, that there were 1 per platoon. However, every time a platoon commander is shown in the fiction, they are mounted in a standard car with an additional computer package attached to their gun mount. At least one company commander is depicted as using a standard car as well, believe. The only time we see a command car, it's attached to the White Mice or in use by a staff officer.

HarmlessHamster said...

I shall have to send the white mice after you ... I hope you are good with a powergun pistol...

Ian Argent said...

Not as good as the Major...

Ian Argent said...

Not as good as the Major...

HarmlessHamster said...

lol
After Joachim Steuben gets his 3rd face lift with his anagathics he will come over to 'visit' you...
:)

Ian Argent said...

I'll go quietly, I have no wish to die tired, our with my gun still in my holster...