Friday, March 8, 2013

EA Games ...

OK, I am not going to lie, I found this picture on Ebaumsworld. Even though I try to keep original artwork on my blog, I deemed this picture too awesome to omit. When it comes to EA games, they are so correct. I fondly remember playing "Adventure Construction Set" when I was in my early teens. I must have spent HOURS making a five minute adventure on my old Apple ][. I bet a few of you out there know what I am talking about.
I have a firm opinion that the $60 game is dying. People will always wait for that title to come down to $20 or even $10. Companies are now putting out free or very low priced titles and then withhold the GOOD stuff about the game until you put out more money - but the thing is - the gamer has a choice. In a $60 game, you are given everything up front and you have the illusion that you own it. In a free or low cost game you have the freedom to download that new stuff for $10 or just put it down.
Once you taste cheesecake, do you just put down the fork?
Ask yourself that when you download that new game title for free and know that the people that made that game are not hippies in a garage with a full mission to make the world's gamers happier...

2 comments:

 Ashley said...

Sorry to tell you this, but your formatting looks screwed to me. Can't read most of the text and had to drag the picture off to my computer to see it all.

HarmlessHamster said...

That better?