Thursday, March 21, 2013

New infantry shapes for Militia, Infantry and Engineers

OK, so I was experimenting with new shapes to make infantry counters easier to handle. I have always not liked to moving around infantry counters because a squad (1/1), a platoon (2/1) and a company (3/1) all were 1/2"x1/2" counters.
Now I have made 1/1 infantry and 3/4 heavy weapons counters smaller so they fit into the slightly larger 2/1 infantry counters as well as the trucks. So instead of trying to explain what I mean, a picture is worth a thousand words and since I am a little tired right now, I will not type even close to a thousand words.


I did playtest these new infantry shapes and they were space savers - let me tell ya! Knowing that the smallest counters were 1/1 infantry and the 2/3rd sized counters 2/1 infantry easy to spot as well. I will soon playtest the triangular infantry counters in the post above. Imagine ... not having to change out infantry from each DIS result.

No comments: