Monday, September 26, 2016

To those who had read my posts for OGRE/GEV...

I have to say I am sorry to those few dozen million people who regularly read my blog concerning OGRE/GEV.
As of late I have been pretty much glued to Steam and the immediately gratification that comes with computer games you can download after buying.
I sort of miss the days of yesteryear when, as a young person, the only gaming you could engage in was the sort you arrange beforehand on a table. Quit soon, I think, board games will be replaced with google-glass type glasses that will make the board game appear on a blank table in the real world. Imagine - playing Axis and Allies with animated pieces just like the "chess pieces" in Star Wars! Only difference is that people walking into the room will see a bunch of people staring a blank table being mimes as they pick up non-existent playing pieces.
The days of the miniature and chit & hex games are all but over. More and more I find it impossible to find people who are half-way interested in playing games that involve actual physical dice. Maybe in the future they will invent hard light so we can touch our playing pieces once more!

2 comments:

Jeremy Edwards said...

I always loved your OGRE/GEV variants, especially new vehicles and Ogre's. Hopefully we can see more of these from time to time...

Peter Garrod-Martin said...

I agree, I really liked your OGRE/GEV posts and am sad to hear you won't be doing that as much anymore as your blog was an inspiration for my own OGRE blog and your new units added some spice to my Ogre gaming tables! Especially as more and more Ogre websites and blogs disappear off the internet I find it harder and harder to find good Ogre resources...